Members of the International Committee for Congenital Anomaly Surveillance Tools include representatives of the major networks conducting birth defect surveillance and most regions of the world:
- H. Dolk, EUROmediCAT, Ulster University, UK (Chair)
- I. Barisic, EUROCAT, Department of Genetics, Children’s University Hospital, Zagreb, Croatia
- L. Barlow, The Makerere University-John Hopkins University Research Collaboration, Uganda
- L. Botto ICBDSR, University of Utah, USA
- E. Garne EUROCAT, Lillebaelt Hospital, Denmark.
- P Guatibonza, Latin American Collaborative Study of Congenital Malformations (ECLAMC), Colombia
- C. Halleux, WHO TDR, Geneva, Switzerland (Corinne Merle WHO TDR from August 2020)
- L. Holmes, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, USA and WHO TDR Advisor
- C. Moore, National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Atlanta, USA
- I. Orioli, Latin American Collaborative Study of Congenital Malformations (ECLAMC), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- N. Raina, World Health Organization, Regional Office for South East Asia (WHO SEARO), New Delhi, India
- D. Valencia, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Atlanta, USA
- O. Lincetto, WHO MCA, Geneva, Switzerland (from January 2021); S. Walani WHO MCA, Geneva, Switzerland (from April 2022)
- U. Mehta, School of Public Health and Family Medicine, University of Cape Town (from April 2022)
The committee wishes to thank the following people who have provided translation services so that that the Global Birth Defects Description and Coding (GBDDC) app could be provided in Spanish and Portuguese:
Dr Cecilia Mellado is a Chilean certified clinical geneticist, Associate Professor, and Head of the Genetic Unit, Division of Pediatrics at Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Red Salud UC-CHRISTUS and the Public Hospital Complejo Asistencial Dr. Sotero del Rio. Santiago, Chile. Her clinical and research interests include general genetics, genetics of monogenic and complex genetic conditions, birth defects, perinatal genetics, and hereditary cancer. During the past years Dr. Mellado have been working at the Chilean Ministry of Health on the National Registry of Congenital Anomalies.
Dr Lavinia Schuler Faccini is Professor in the Department of Genetics at the Universidad Federal do Rio Grande do Sul / Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre in Brazil.